Tuesday 18 March 2014

One less item on my bucket list

I was so excited today to be able to finally check off an item from my bucket list.  After 12 year of wanted to professionally photograph my work I was finally able to do just that today.  There is a totally of 33 pieces of art that I photographed but my most recent painting is this:

Anyways, whenever I try to photograph my work before today I would always get a shine to the painting.  This is caused from the oil in the oil paint.  The issue would have been even worse if I actually put varnish on my work, but I don't.  So what I learnt today about photographing flat surfaces in that you need to reflective lights at equal distances from the subject matter.  The lights need to be set to the same power so to avoid having one side of the canvas brighter then the other. On top of the light situation is is a good idea to have a grey card that you can use the eye dropper to get accurate colour correction if need be.

Overall, I am thrilled with the photographs.  The colours are bang on and you can see the texture of the paint strokes and that is all I ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment