Wednesday 12 March 2014

Texture Photography

I was recently given a project to explore the topic of texture.  At first I can tell you that this threw me for a loop.  Don't get me wrong I completely understand the idea of texture and that everything around us has texture. But that is the issue.  Everything has texture so how do you make something look interesting enough and show enough texture that you want to reach into a photograph and just touch it. Well in the end this is what I created.


I used two lights in order to simulate daylight.  I had a direct light which was shining on the "puff ball" (I honestly forget the name of this plant but you can find them near water) from the left. Then I had a reflective light where I used a photography umbrella.  The light was directed away from the plant but because of the umbrella reflecting light I had a nice defused light shinning on the plant.  Anyways, I am quite happy with this!






















I did pretty much the same thing here. The only difference is I had more room to play around with so the lights where further apart resulting in more contrast between the areas where the light hit he yarn and the shadows. I really love the colours and the feel of the wool.




















No comments:

Post a Comment